Yesterday I enjoyed a great time of worship with the Nazarene church in Chikhli. They invited me to share my personal testimony with them, which I did through an interpreter. Dolphy preached. They honored us with flower leis (not sure what they are called here) and also took a love offering for the field's new communication ministry and presented that to Dolphy. They even prayed for Colorado Springs and all those who are affected by the fires there last week.
After the service, we returned to the district center for a big family meal, eaten while seated on the floor which is a more common way of eating here. In the afternoon, Rev. Yangad took us with his family on a drive around the area, while a monsoon storm rolled in, cooling everything down. While we were out driving, we passed a number of ox-powered carts, which were loaded with people and objects. Rev. Yangad asked one passing cart if they would let me ride with them briefly. The family in the cart thought this was hilarious and agreed. I really enjoyed that experience.
We visited two families from the church in their homes and I got a first glimpse of their amazing stories. We plan to go back for proper interviews and I can't wait to find out more of what God has done in their lives. We also prayed with them.
After a typical Maharashtra dinner in Shada's home (Rev. Yangad's sister who lives with her husband and their son in another house on the district center property), we came back and I went to bed early.
It's Monday morning now and today we'll be going back for the interviews with the families and then at 3 p.m. we'll begin a two-day communication workshop here for about 20 people from the Central Maharashtra District.
The weather has been great -- very cool and not too humid, most of the time. My digestive system is still trying to adjust to bigger meals spread farther apart, and all the spices. But I'm enjoying the food a lot.
Well, time to get ready for the day. Thanks again for your prayers!
We visited two families from the church in their homes and I got a first glimpse of their amazing stories. We plan to go back for proper interviews and I can't wait to find out more of what God has done in their lives. We also prayed with them.
After a typical Maharashtra dinner in Shada's home (Rev. Yangad's sister who lives with her husband and their son in another house on the district center property), we came back and I went to bed early.
It's Monday morning now and today we'll be going back for the interviews with the families and then at 3 p.m. we'll begin a two-day communication workshop here for about 20 people from the Central Maharashtra District.
The weather has been great -- very cool and not too humid, most of the time. My digestive system is still trying to adjust to bigger meals spread farther apart, and all the spices. But I'm enjoying the food a lot.
Well, time to get ready for the day. Thanks again for your prayers!
No comments:
Post a Comment