Monday, July 2, 2012

Monday in Chikhli

This morning, Dolphy and I were privileged to go and visit the home of a family who were willing to share their story for publication. I spent about an hour with help from someone interpreting to find out how this family had accepted Christ and how He had been faithful to them through so many hardships. I won't give away the plot just yet, but it was good. :-)

They have a rooftop terrace and I went up there to take some pictures of the surrounding slum. If there's one thing I've noticed about people in India, it's that you cannot sneak anything by them. They are incredibly observant. It was just moments before people all around the area who were outside working, walking, eating, talking with other people, hanging up their clothes to dry, were shouting and waving. By the time I got back down to the ground floor and outside, the house was surrounded by people, mostly kids. I made some videos of them and they thought that was awesome.


Back at the district center, about 20 people had arrived to participate in the Central Maharashtra District's two-day communication training. We met in the chapel on campus. I taught three lessons out of the five I brought with me. Dolphy did a live interview with one of the participants so everyone could observe how it is done.

We had a good time with the group, who will come back tomorrow afternoon having had an assignment to write a short article about the district's new church planting and leadership strategy.

In the morning I am expecting to visit another family with a beautiful story, as well as to interview the previous district superintendent, and the parents of the current field strategy coordinator. We will continue with the training around 2:30 p.m.

Wednesday, we'll be saying goodbye to the wonderful people here as we travel a few hours away to Araungabad. Already I'm dreading that goodbye. I've enjoyed all the family meals and casual chats here, getting to know the welcoming and loving hearts in the families here.

No comments:

Post a Comment