For the past 14 months, my fellow volunteer, Tiki, and I (Gina) have managed to publish a monthly 6- to 10-page newsletter and weekly news articles for the Eurasia Region (www.eurasiaregion.org). We've had lots of great help from writers and ministry leaders on the region. I'm always amazed at the amount of terrific stories that the two of us can coordinate or generate every month.
We could do even more with passionate storytellers strategically placed in each field on the region. They could sniff out the stories in their area and capture great interviews and photos to contribute to the region's news. We're working to establish this network, and I hope we can get it in place and operational during my second year here.
The other area where we need help is in the area of video production. Tiki and I are writers and page designers. We don't know much about producing a compelling story for video. There are great stories all over the region just waiting to be captured on film.
In my work with Engage magazine (www.engagemagazine.com), I can ALWAYS use more writers -- people to interview, conduct research and put together the stories of what God is doing through our church.
I continue to pray that God will send more communication workers into the harvest, particularly to serve in the Eurasia Region or with Engage. If you know of someone who wants to serve God in missions through writing or storytelling in a volunteer capacity, whether it's full-time or just once a month, contact me at gpottenger at nazarene.org.
No comments:
Post a Comment