Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Meet a student Part 3

This is the third part of the story of Cezi, a student from Albania who consented to share about God's work in her life, leading her to a life-changing relationship with Jesus Christ and to being a student at EuNC. This is the final part. To read parts 1 and 2, scroll further down in the June section of this blog.

-- Gina

The future
For sure I know I’m going back to Italy because I want to finish my other degree in engineering. Also, my contract with the church is that for every year of scholarship I need to give a year of service to the district. For sure I’m going there after I graduate.

It’s hard to say whether I have a call for being a pastor or a missionary or something else. I have only seen myself as a person who will do anything that is needed. I have always been working in social justice. My mom has an organization for orphan kids. My desire for the future is, when I go back to Italy, I would like to connect the church with social work and social justice. The government takes care of most of the needs of the society, but I want to find a connection, especially with the immigrants. And I would like to teach. I’m thinking of doing a master’s degree in global development and social justice. Unless things change this is what I’m thinking about.

I would like to use engineering as a second job to support myself. It puts me in contact with other people outside the church.

My mom is a Christian now; she is going to church. This has been a big surprise because I always told God, “You can do anything in this world except convert my mom. She will never change.”

Two years ago she started to be so involved with the church. There were a couple of missionaries that were in the Pentecostal church and she got very close with them. They had a great influence on her. My best friends – the two friends who led me to Christ – go and visit my mom very often. It was an environment that God worked through to bring her to Him.

As for my former religion, people in that religion back home ask me to come and talk about Christianity and how we see things and explain differences in interpretation. It opened a big door. The leaders of that faith community ask me to go to coffee and reflect theologically.

No comments:

Post a Comment