A variety of meetings and trainings are taking place in conjunction with the weekend conference. One of them is a three-day training for field strategy coordinators -- people who direct and/or support denominational ministry at the field level (each region is made up of "fields" and within the fields are "districts" made up of the local churches). We have about 35 fields around the world.
I have been given 45 minutes to talk with these wonderful and hardworking people about storytelling -- why we do it, how it helps to shape and unify us as a global church family, and ideas and discussion on how we can do it more effectively. I am working on a PowerPoint presentation, along with a resource CD to distribute.
Then, during the conference, I will be interviewing different people about what God is doing in their lives or their part of the world, as well as reporting on the conference itself.
I would really appreciate your prayers now through April 29. Please pray with me that God will help me use the time and opportunities effectively, that I can connect and collaborate with those who share my passion for telling more of the stories of our church, and that I can come away with new relationships on which we can build better communications in the future.
Please also pray for the conference and all those who will be attending: for safe and smooth travels, the Spirit's work of renewal, refreshing, unifying and empowering, and for more effective ministry across our church as a result of this gathering.
Remember in prayer those who have been planning the event -- for their sanity, and for strength and endurance during this very busy and stressful time.
Thanks again for being part of what God is doing in our church and in us through your prayers and support!
No comments:
Post a Comment